Today, Colorado Center on Law and Policy (CCLP) and the National Health Law Program (NHeLP) filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights and the U.S. Department of Justice.
Bethany Pray provided testimony for Senate Bill 24-093, Continuity of Health-Care Coverage Change. CCLP is in support of SB24-093.
CCLP Policy Fellow, Milena Castañeda testified at the Medical Services Board meeting regarding emergency rules for the NEMT.
Chaer Robert provided testimony against House Bill 24-1065, Reduction of State Income Taxes. CCLP is in opposition of HB24-1065.
Statement: Joint Statement with Immigrant Rights Coalition on Public Charge Rule
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 10, 2018
(PDF version available here.)
Sarah McAfee, 720.270.6470
Center for Health Progress
Elliot Goldbaum, 303.990.6691
Colorado Fiscal Institute
Bob Mook, 303.573.5669 x 311
Colorado Center on Law and Policy
Cristian Solano-Córdova, 720.434.4632
Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition
Tara Manthey, 303.620.4544
Colorado Children’s Campaign
Joint statement from members of Colorado’s Coalition for Immigrant Health in response to the proposed “public charge” rule change
Together, we oppose the proposed “public charge” rule change that makes wealth a prerequisite for legal immigration. We treasure our immigrant friends, families, and neighbors who enrich our culture and society, drive our economy, and make our communities safer. The use of public programs, which help millions of immigrant and non-immigrant families stay healthy and working, strengthens our state and country. By making the use of these programs a disqualifier for legal status, we are threatening our country’s future and rejecting the vision of fairness and inclusiveness that many in our communities value and have fought for centuries to uphold. We call on all Coloradans to join us in fighting back against this dangerous and cruel proposal.
Signed by the following organizations:
- Colorado Center on Law and Policy
- Colorado Fiscal Institute
- Center for Health Progress
- Colorado Consumer Health Initiative
- Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition
- Colorado Alliance for Health Equity and Practice
- Hunger Free Colorado
- Colorado Children’s Campaign
- Colorado Organization for Latina Opportunity and Reproductive Rights
- Tri-County Health Network
- American Academy of Pediatrics Colorado Chapter
- Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition
- Planned Parenthood Rocky Mountains
- Clinica Tepeyac
- Clinica Colorado
- Colorado Community Health Network
- Every Child Pediatrics
- Padres & Jovenes Unidos
- The Colorado Health Foundation